The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

How to use a manual focus lens on the Phase XF?

algrove

It has been many years since I did this and for the life of me cannot remember the settings to use a Manual Focus lens on the XF since obviously a manual focus lens has no contacts to tell the XF what lens is being used.

Thanks.

algrove

Greg
Do you have any idea if ES shutter mode works with this setup or is another shutter mode required?
Thanks.

Wish I still had the XF as I have that 24 ULD MF fisheye and it works really well on my GFGX 100S.

Last edited:

Greg Haag

Greg
Do you have any idea if ES shutter mode works with this setup or is another shutter mode required?
Thanks.

Wish I still had the XF as I have that 24 ULD MF fisheye and it works really well on my GFGX 100S.
Lou, I do not know for sure but it seems like it probably would. Seems like it would be similar to the digital back on my Cambo and a Rodenstock lens that has no connectors and is all manual. I shoot with ES almost exclusively in that set up.
Hopefully someone with specific experience with the XF can give you a confirmation.