The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

how to use Broncolor Para with Profoto strobes for hair and backdrop.

chryshen

Each system has its own transceiver. Is it possible to use a dual hot shoe bracket to fire both systems simultaneously? Both transceivers are being used on a Hasselblad x1dii. Thanks for any input.

KC_2020

Yes, Broncolor makes a dual hot shoe. But why you can't just slave the Profoto off the Broncolor ? I do that all the time in the studio and in full sun on location.

Since the Para is a modifier your question doesn't tell us what Broncolor pack/head, monoblock or transmitter you're using. The current RFS 2.2 transmitters and the earlier RFS transmitters have an output jack that could be used to run a cable to your other lights. So that's another option for you.

chryshen

Thank you, KC. Slaving the Profoto to the Broncolor RFS2.2 sounds like the easiest solution. strangely, i’ve not done utilized slaves before. I’m using the Broncolor Move 1200 for the Para. All my Profoto heads are wireless. I appreciate your response!

KC_2020

Profoto A1X and A10 do not have an optical slave built in but the B1, B1X and B10 do.

I have a couple of Move packs and a Para 133. I absolutely love the Para output.

KC_2020

Congratulations!

177cm is a big light. You'll need lots of room. Feathering it and changing the focus position of the head will give you a lot of options to work with.

chryshen

Thanks. I have a 10’ ceiling and plenty of working space horizontally. Can’t wait for the power and light. Thanks too for your encouragement.

robmac

If don't want to slave, the RFS 2.2 (re-purposed Godox) transmitter has a pass-thru hot shoe on top.

Just pop the Profoto AiR (I assume) on it and both will trigger. I've owned the Bron dual hot shoe bracket and it is VERY costly for what it is - and some remotes may not fit side-by-side on it.

chryshen

thanks. i assumed that was possible and tried it though initially couldn't get the rfs 2.2 to fire the air remote. after some fiddling, it worked perfectly. a very intelligent feature by bron. thanks again.

baudolino

Alternatively, you can use another Broncolor RFS 2.1 in receiver mode and connect it to your Profoto strobe via a short sync cable. Or vice versa, use a Profoto Air Remote on the camera and another one connected via sync cable to the Move, set in receive mode. I mix and match transmitters all the time, in fact I also have a pair of PocketWizard Plus IVs with short sync cables, in addition to my Bron and Profoto triggers, just in case (they also have a hot shoe on top, so can be layered with other triggers). As long as you don't use HSS or TTL, the strobes don't care which receiver triggered them (must have a sync cord socket, of course). If I remember correctly, the Profoto triggers already come with the short sync cables in the box, if not, they can be purchased for a small amount on Amazon (any short cable with 3.5mm cinch contact on both sides will do).