The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Image Stacking for Macro

TimoK

Very interestingly, when I look at the picture I did post here, I don't see any reason in it to focus stack. No reason at all to take so unsharp photo of so solid object.
But:unsure: It was not unsharp on my computer. But I had to downresize it before posting (due to the forum software). I downresized it to 1200px for long size. When looking it in web browser I see it bigger and softer as it should to be.
Why did I the stacking in shooting and then in post prosessing all the work to learn how to use Enfuse to combine those shots . There is a reason not visible in the picture I posted.
I think the details I'm looking for are too small to be visible in 1200px previews.
So now, I'll try posting 100% crops from the original picture. (Still I'm afraid the browsers will spoil them all)
First one is a single shot, one of those 8. The second is 8 shots fused.crop_single1.jpgcrop2.jpg

Last edited: