The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

IPhone Photos

scho

Just returned late last night from an 11 day HAL cruise from Boston to Quebec City with stops in the maritime provinces and Newfoundland. The cruise turned into a nightmare after both my wife and I contracted COVID 19 and were then confined to our stateroom in isolation. Fortunately we at least had a nice room with balcony and deck, otherwise I would have really gone crazy. At the end of the cruise in Quebec City they wanted to move us into a hotel with no food service (only takeout orders) to complete the Canadian rule of 10 days isolation. This would have been an additional 7 days isolation for us that we did not want to do so instead our travel agent got a private limo service to pick us up at the ship terminal and drive us directly to the nearest US airport where we could get flights to take us home. So yesterday we were driven 5 hours to Presque Isle airport in northern Maine from where we flew to Newark NJ and then connected to Ithaca NY, arriving home about 11 PM. I had very few opportunities for photos and mostly iPhone shots from our balcony after isolation began. Few samples below. We went on a Paxlovid regimen immediately after testing positive for covid and after 3 days symptoms were gone. Just finishing the treatment now, but remaining in isolation in our home for another 5 days.

Sunset from Corner Brook Newfoundland looking back down the fjord.

A panoramic view in Saguenay Fjord Quebec on the St Lawrence river.

A small harbor on the St Lawrence river

Darin Marcus

Just returned late last night from an 11 day HAL cruise from Boston to Quebec City with stops in the maritime provinces and Newfoundland. The cruise turned into a nightmare after both my wife and I contracted COVID 19 and were then confined to our stateroom in isolation.
Sorry to hear this…

drunkenspyder

Just returned late last night from an 11 day HAL cruise from Boston to Quebec City with stops in the maritime provinces and Newfoundland. The cruise turned into a nightmare after both my wife and I contracted COVID 19 and were then confined to our stateroom in isolation. Fortunately we at least had a nice room with balcony and deck, otherwise I would have really gone crazy. At the end of the cruise in Quebec City they wanted to move us into a hotel with no food service (only takeout orders) to complete the Canadian rule of 10 days isolation. This would have been an additional 7 days isolation for us that we did not want to do so instead our travel agent got a private limo service to pick us up at the ship terminal and drive us directly to the nearest US airport where we could get flights to take us home. So yesterday we were driven 5 hours to Presque Isle airport in northern Maine from where we flew to Newark NJ and then connected to Ithaca NY, arriving home about 11 PM. I had very few opportunities for photos and mostly iPhone shots from our balcony after isolation began. Few samples below. We went on a Paxlovid regimen immediately after testing positive for covid and after 3 days symptoms were gone. Just finishing the treatment now, but remaining in isolation in our home for another 5 days.

Sunset from Corner Brook Newfoundland looking back down the fjord.

A panoramic view in Saguenay Fjord Quebec on the St Lawrence river.

A small harbor on the St Lawrence river

Oh man, that’s terrible. I applaud your making the best of it.

scho

After skipping the last two generations of iPhones I just upgraded to the iPhone 14 Pro. Very impressive camera and the new raw capability is very useful. My very first shot in raw mode. Just made slight exposure adjustment of the dng in LR and sharpened an exported tiff in Topaz Sharpen AI. Uploaded full-size jpeg from LR to Flickr. Click image below for fill size 48 MP jpeg.

Last edited:

scho

One more full size image from the iPhone 14 Pro. Shot in RAW mode, exported original from Photos on my Mac, into LR for processing.

scho

A few more images from Mackenzie-Childs with the iPhone 14 Pro that were shot in 48 MP mode and reduced in size by 50% for upload.

scho

Shot this one in RAW (12 mp dog) mode. Ran it through Topaz AI Photo with resolution 2x and then uploaded at 50%. OK if you need to save some space.

Last edited:

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
My piano had an adventure today. It's an almost irreplaceable instrument. A 9 foot Steinway Concert Grand, manufactured in 1898, made of flamed mahogany, AND it sounds magnificent. You'll just have to trust me on that one. One professional's assessment: "I want to have sex with it."

Here we go!

Disassembled

Wrapped

REALLY wrapped

A bit of abstract art...

Uh oh....

Aaaaaaaaaaahhhhh!

Coming back inside at its new home.

Made it in one piece (three floors lower, so easy as crane piano moves go...)

Matt

PS. you may wonder WHY this ridiculous method. It came upstairs in 2007 on TOP of the freight elevator. City ordinances have changed since then, and it wouldn't be legal to do that now. I talked to the "carry it down the stairs" guys, and, while they admitted that my geometry was correct and it would theoretically fit around all the corners, the practical difficulties of carrying a 1200 pound something where 400 pounds of it was out of reach over your head was too much for as many people as could surround it. In other words, 95% chance it would make it without being dropped. Yeah, no. I'll leave you to ponder the cost of a crane permit in NYC... (Hint: Noctilux )

Last edited:

Godfrey

Fantastic piano move!

When I was growing up, we had a wonderful baby grand that my great grandfather brought with him from Sicily in the early 1900s. It made the most beautiful sound! My mother sold it in the 1990s when it was time for her to move and no one else in the family had a place for it. I sorely miss it.

Good luck in the new residence! :D
G