The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

IPhone Photos

Godfrey

I went on a iPhone specific photo walk last week... didn't carry any other camera, just the iPhone with the Apple Camera app, the Moment Camera app, and the ShakeIt Photo camera app. I ended up using the ShakeIt Photo app almost exclusively...

The result was a set of 30 fauxlaroids (simulated Polaroid SX-70 treatment). They are minimally processed and rendered to size, output and posted to flickr.com. Here's #12 of the set.

A Walk in Late March 2023 #12
iPhone 11 Pro, ShakeIt Photo app

The rest of the set is available in this Flickr album:

https://flic.kr/s/aHBqjAxetq

I also collated the entire set into a slideshow using Lightroom Classic and posted that to YouTube:

The ShakeIt Photo app effectively makes the iPhone into a fun SX-70 derivative. :)

enjoy! G

scho

Our recent brush with the smoke apocalypse from the Quebec wildfires. Persistent north winds funneled the smoke straight down over New York state and for a short period we experienced never before seen dangerous air quality (AQI 300-400) from the fine smoke particulates. The odor outside was just like standing downwind from a campfire.

Today air is a bit more clear with AQI of 160, but still unhealthy.