The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

IQ4 150 Firmware Update - Overexposure instead of underexposure with Technical Cameras

eisbaer

Hi,
i waited for about 18 months that Phase One Fixes one Bug in the IQ4 Firmware - that Exposure Simulation with a technical cameras stops producing underexposed pictures. Now I updated to the new firmware and now pictures taken with Exposure Simulation produces overexposed images... Anybody else with this experience.

vjbelle

I think what Phase has done is an improvement over the 'under exposed' images I used to get. I have found that the RGB histogram is very reliable and I rely on it along with just a visual on the LCD. There are times when the histogram can lead to a visually overexposed image but nothing, so for, that can't be recovered completely in C1. I usually check the exposure on the LCD and have found that the color exposure zone tool is very accurate and mimics the RGB histogram. So far I have never had a blown section as long as the histogram is left of clipping.

Victor B.