The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

IQ4-150 - what features don't work on a tech cam?

ThdeDude

are in a duopoly like they both are with a highly lucrative rental and camera sales business with cinema cameras which arguably can get a lot more expensive with accessories
Duopoly
You may have placed your finger on it. In the 645 digital format world, we had (past) a duopoly. But now the general consensus is that Hasselblad's H system is dead man walking. With Hasselblad's X system they have a very strong system with only Fujifilm as a direct competitor. Very unlikely they will revive the H system.

With no real competitor or a directly competing product, P1 may not be overly motivated or in a rush bringing out a IQ5.

Last edited:

Paul Spinnler

No, currently neither automated bracketing nor time lapse are available on the IQ4 unless connected to a XT or XF.
Incorrect, exposure bracketing works without XT as well if you have the x-shutter. I just tested it with my Alpagon 50 HR in X-shutter. I wasn't sure after reading this point.

This is really cool as it means you can mount old Schneider Apo Digitars with the X-shutter, for example, and then do exposure bracketing as well. 43XL doesn't work, unfortunately, but the 60 XL does ... really cool if you do architecture with the Alpa Max for example.

Incorrect, exposure bracketing works without XT as well if you have the x-shutter. I just tested it with my Alpagon 50 HR in X-shutter. I wasn't sure after reading this point.

This is really cool as it means you can mount old Schneider Apo Digitars with the X-shutter, for example, and then do exposure bracketing as well. 43XL doesn't work, unfortunately, but the 60 XL does ... really cool if you do architecture with the Alpa Max for example.
Thanks for clarifying. Is the time lapse tool also available with non-XT X-shutter lenses?