The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

IQ4 Remote App

med

Since it was referred to just as a “remote app” I’m going to assume until I’m proven otherwise that it is just a simple controller and set my expectations accordingly. It is certainly a step in the right direction!

Paul Spinnler

Can you log into live view via wifi and then see through the camera? How stable is it and how fluid is live view? So in the field with an iPad you can shoot and save the images to the iPad?

Paul2660

I guess I am confused. IF it transfers raw only, from the IQ4, you need C1 to do anything with the image. Why would the only transfer raw, huge massive files, when most people who would be transferring to a iOS device, want only jpg. I can't see processing raw files on an iPad or iPhone even the M1 chip versions. Very limited devices IMO>

I assumed that this app would follow the original Capture Pilot app, allowing control of the back, viewing of Live View, and sending the smaller jpgs to an iOS device for web posting.

I realize LR is available on iOS, but transferring a huge RAW file from a IQ4, will both take up a lot of storage, take a long time and be pretty useless on the device. C1 may be coming to iOS, but personally I would not want to work on a IQ4 or any IQ file on such a device.

Paul

Ray Harrison

It would be nice if Phase had an open beta on things like this - which presumably don't have a chance of bricking the back. More feedback makes a better product. To me, anyway. Not sure if they also need to update the firmware for this.

Reactions: med

onasj

M1 iPad C1 that processes RAW files wirelessly transferred from the IQ4 to the iPad/iPhone would be terrific, if it all works!

buildbot

M1 iPad C1 that processes RAW files wirelessly transferred from the IQ4 to the iPad/iPhone would be terrific, if it all works!
This is what is kinda funny about their WiFi app coming out now, there's essentially nothing stopping full Capture One being supported on iPads now. Capture One will one day certainly support the M1 processor...
Which should support WiFi "tethering" or direct attach via thunderbolt. So why have a separate app even?

earburner

This is what is kinda funny about their WiFi app coming out now, there's essentially nothing stopping full Capture One being supported on iPads now. Capture One will one day certainly support the M1 processor...
Which should support WiFi "tethering" or direct attach via thunderbolt. So why have a separate app even?
Probably is coming with a M1 iPad but you can't get your hands on the M1 iPad yet and giving legacy support for non M1 users