The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Is the Canon 16-35mm III minimum focus distance the same at all focal lengths?

I am thinking of purchasing the Canon 16-35mm III to use on my Fuji GFX (there is currently no wide zoom in the GFX lineup). The zoom I have for the GFX is the 32-64mm and its minimum focus changes from 0.5m at the wide end to 0.6m at the long.

I see that Canon states their M.F.D of the 16-35mm III as 0.28m. Is it peoples experience that this is consistent across all focal lengths of the zoom?

Thanks in advance! :)

nameBrandon

You're more likely to get your answers from your same thread at FM, the Canon forum here is not the main attraction. If you're looking for a Canon-centric forum, check out POTN.

asanden26

I am thinking of purchasing the Canon 16-35mm III to use on my Fuji GFX (there is currently no wide zoom in the GFX lineup). The zoom I have for the GFX is the 32-64mm and its minimum focus changes from 0.5m at the wide end to 0.6m at the long.

I see that Canon states their M.F.D of the 16-35mm III as 0.28m. Is it peoples experience that this is consistent across all focal lengths of the zoom?

Thanks in advance! :)
Yes it does on my gfx100s, no black corners from 24mm to 35mm, great lens