The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Issues with DW Photo + HY6 mod2 upgrade

buildbot

This is a little awkward, but has anyone had issues with DW photo before? I sent a leaf afi off to DW photo at the beginning of March, and paid around 4K usd for the mod2 upgrade plus a 6060 demo back.

The upgrade was supposed to only take a week, but every other week I ping Hans for an update and there would be some delay. Last I heard from Hans was April 8th, that my 6060 back was in final testing and that my camera and back were supposed to ship out around April 15th. I haven’t heard from him since.

(Edit: Any ideas? Do I just wait???)

Last edited:

drevil

Staff member
all of germany is in a total lock down at the moment, dont know how DW handles it

baudolino

Try to call Hans on his mobile - as you say, sometimes it may take a while before he answers or calls back. I think DW is a really small operation these days and I've had my doubts but I got my 6008 and lens checked and repaired recently, so hopefully yours will come back soon, too.