The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Just for fun..

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
I thought it might be fun to post a shot taken with my Nikon. It was shot last summer during a fly fishing trip to Labrador. The plane is a restored 1946 DeHavilland Beaver--a legendary bush plane.

This particular shot was taken as we were being picked up after fishing a remote stream (remote from base camp that is) which held some of the most beautiful native Rainbow Trout I've ever seen.

So yes, I'm completely absorbed by my new M8. But the Nikon is no slouch either. Any of you Nikon shooters got some fun pics to share?

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
What's more impressive is the skill with which those bush pilots maneuver them...

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
The pilot there is a 28 y.o. from Quebec. Very steady guy in some tight spots. Flying around in the plane was almost as much fun as the fishing.

gromitspapa

Here's some...

From last year's Pumpkin and Arts Festival at Half Moon Bay, CA with the D200:

A friend's Shelby (D200):

My dogs (D300):

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Those are great! I've heard the D300 has great AF, it certainly seems true from your examples. Nice dogs!

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
I found my old Nikkor 105mm 2.5 in the attic today. I swabbed it with a wet sponge (kidding) and decided to see how it would perform on my D2Xs. I think I like it! In fact, I'm beginning to think I might be a "primes" guy. I think it holds up pretty well for a 25+ year old lens. (it was easy to get along without autofocus since Maggie is just one day out of surgery and still a bit subdued.)

G

gleno

I love these photo threads. Here's one Nikon D70 Kodak Anstigmat 105mm f6.3 lens and Nikon Picture Project software.

G

gleno

No Nikon shooters out there? Did I kill this thread with my first post?
I'll try again. D70 18-70

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
I like the snow berries gleno.

Here's a shot from this past weekend in the Rangely area of Maine.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Dogs, Cars and a Pie eating contest , how Americana is that. Sorry guy's but I will take the butt cracking lady any day. I think I'm not so sick anymore, at least i have my priorities straight. LOL

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
But (pun intended) if the car was a Ferrari instead of a Ford, would the butt crack still be your fave?