The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leaf Aptus 75 tethered, db power switch don't work

THOMKARAN

Hello All,

I own a Leaf Aptus 75 using it with Maiya RZ67 proII. For more critical inspection of my focusing I found a Macbook pro 2009 for tethering the back. Leaf Capture is installed on the macbook and everything works fine.
But When I plug in the digital back with the firewire( the one that came with the back) the DB immediatelly turns on without the need of pushing the power button of the DB. Also I cannot switch of the DB by the button while the back is connected to the computer by Firewire. The only way to switch the back off is by shutting down the computer AND I don't know if this is shutting down correctly the back or if it forces it because of power outage.
I have read in another threat that Leaf Aptus 75 had an issue of damaged firewire port and/or cf card port and I dont wat to end up in that situation.
this is the thread(https://forum.luminous-landscape.com/index.php?topic=73356.0)
The thread made me hesitate plugging the DB on the MacBook which I bought only for being able to tether this DB.

So Does anyone have experience of using these old DBs tethered and if it is normal that the back is starting up immediatelly when plugged on the computer?
And what is the safe way to switch off the DB while it is connected to the computer?

I have also tried to disconect the camera from leaf capture but still no response from the power switch button

I know that the back is old and some people may suggest that I have to move on to a newer model but this is not the case. I bought this db last year ant the actuations count was 50. Yes only 50. and now it is about 400 actuations.

thank you for your time

Pieter 12

I don't know if this applies to your situation, but this is what the Leaf AFI-II manual says about tethered power (assuming the camera is switched on before tethering):
If you disconnect the FireWire cable when tethered, the camera system switches to portable mode. A message is displayed on the imaging module. Do not reconnect the FireWire cable or insert or remove aCompactFlash card until the imaging module has completed the switch.
When you switch from tethered to portable, the camera system continues to use the camera settings set while tethered. Likewise, if you turn off the camera system while tethered, disconnect the cable, and then turn on the camera system in portable mode, the camera system uses the camera settings set while tethered.
When you switch from portable to tethered, the camera settings change to those set in Leaf Capture, if different.