The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leica M9 images

k-hawinkler

Curve-Billed Thrasher

M9 + 400mm f5.6 Telyt Viso III

Well the Telyt 400/5.6 lens suffers from chromatic aberration in out-of-focus areas. So the bokeh is accordingly.
In order to use that lens on a Leica M9 one needs to use a Visoflex. I used a Visoflex III.
I got a number of V-lenses at a time when I didn't consider getting much better R-lenses.

Oh well, amazing how cumbersome bird photography was with that old Leica/Leitz gear before Sony came out with their E and FE systems.

k-hawinkler

The Title of this thread Leica M9 images ought to include images taken by or of the M9, me thinks. ;)
Here is such an of M9 image. It shows: M9-VISOflex-Bellows-135/4 Tele-Elmar.

Nikon D3 + 90/2 Summicron-M, DxO PL6.

Here is such an image of a Dime taken with the above contraption. :LOL:

Last edited:

algrove

Curve-Billed Thrasher

M9 + 400mm f5.6 Telyt Viso III

Well the Telyt 400/5.6 lens suffers from chromatic aberration in out-of-focus areas. So the bokeh is accordingly.
In order to use that lens on a Leica M9 one needs to use a Visoflex. I used a Visoflex III.
I got a number of V-lenses at a time when I didn't consider getting much better R-lenses.

Oh well, amazing how cumbersome bird photography was with that old Leica/Leitz gear before Sony came out with their E and FE systems.
I have an original R 400 5.6 with original gun stock in original box along with an old 2x tele converter. Have never used it in last 4 years. It is some US Election convention history but I can't remember the year.

k-hawinkler

I have an original R 400 5.6 with original gun stock in original box along with an old 2x tele converter. Have never used it in last 4 years. It is some US Election convention history but I can't remember the year.
Thanks Lou. As R-lenses are outstanding and easily adapted, you could shoot your lens on Nikon or Sony APS-C or FF cameras.
I have the Leica APO-TELYT-R 280/4 and VARIO-ELMAR-R 105-280/4.2 and several APO-EXTENDER-R 1.4x and 2x. That will give me reach of 420 mm and beyond.

Back to the Telyt-V 400/5.6. Here is an image of one mounted on my M9. For comparison I also included in that image an effective approximate 400 mm lens that I assembled from various Leica/Leitz components and mounted on a Sony NEX-7 camera. :cool:

Nikon D800E + AF-S Zoom-Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED @ 62 mm, f/16, 2 s, ISO 100, DxO PL6.

Last edited:

k-hawinkler

M9 + Viso+5 OUFRO Rings+Telyt-V 560f5.6, DxO PL6.

Images of a Telyt-V 560f5.6, V stands for Visoflex, I may have made that up to distinguish them from Telyt-R. :D

One Visoflex III has a Prism, the other a Vertical Viewfinder.
The only thing missing from the above 2 images are 5 OUFRO Extension Rings.
They sit between Camera+Viso and the Telyt-V and effectively turn the system into a macro lens with higher magnification.

Well, here is my stack of 5 OUFRO Rings that I used.

M9 + Viso+65f3.5, DxO PL6.

Last edited:

k-hawinkler

Telyt-V 400/5.6 with Extension Rings on Leica M9, Visoflex III, and Prism.

Nikon D3 + 65mm f3.5 @ 1/250 s, ISO 200.

A few Bee images taken with that contraption. :LOL:

M9 + Viso+Extension Rings+400/5.6 Telyt-V - Bees