The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leica M9 vs. Medium Format - surprising results!

MoJo

Registred Users
LOL, that is true. being a travel-oriented documentary fotog though, i'd love a lighter kit to carry than my sony a900, grip and zeiss lenses, it all weighs a ton. i just can't seem to get the hang of focusing a RF, especially on the go.

if only the M9 had AF i'd lust after this......
You don't need autofocus to shoot pix of brick walls.
Not really for action shots either. These two Irish beauties were going at full steam, with unpredictable turns... I shoot a lot of dogs :)rolleyes:), and I miss lots of shots, but I miss fewer with the M9 than I did with any AF camera I´ve used.

M9, 75 mm Apo Summicron Asph, 1/500 s:

And these were going fast, too. M9, Tele-Elmarit 90, 1/125 s. Focus on the eyes of my cocker Fredde (where else?)

Last edited:

jonoslack

well, I'm with Per and Doug with respect to focusing on an M9

Manual focusing with action takes practice - but it's often more reliable than AF.

Certainly for travel shots it's really not an issue.