The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leica S Type 007 in 2021?

Steve Hendrix

It is a 45mm x 30mm sensor (slightly smaller area)...

john (Leica S user)

Oh, yes, of course John. I meant that it essentially is in the 44mm x 33mm segment, market-wise, despite it being a 3/2 ratio at 45mm x 30mm. I corrected the spec I mis-quoted on the S3. Thanks for noting that!

Steve Hendrix/CI

Paul Spinnler

I love the S - the best walk-around MFD camera IMHO with the best file quality and optics. Every time I see files from the 120 macro, the 35mm wide-angle, the 100mm ... it is just fabulous.

rollsman44

I am still on the fence with the S system. I woild like the S006 or S-E BUT cant find any with the Sensor replaced. I did find one but they were asking 4900 for this when I can get the S007 that dont have any sensor issues.
Also, try to find S lenses that the AF motor was replaced. Another concern. So why am I still wanting one? The Mystique ...I guess

huyu

I am still on the fence with the S system. I woild like the S006 or S-E BUT cant find any with the Sensor replaced. I did find one but they were asking 4900 for this when I can get the S007 that dont have any sensor issues.
Also, try to find S lenses that the AF motor was replaced. Another concern. So why am I still wanting one? The Mystique ...I guess
I have an S007 and 3lenses that, I might consider for sale ...

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Just purchased an S007 and a 70mm 2.5 S lens. Will get it on Mon . Any suggestions on the set up
Wonderful start. As light and compact as the S system gets. Truly outstanding lens. My choice for going out in a snowstorm where lens changing is difficult.

And this will give you as good a sense of the system as anything.

Or are you asking about settings? I just go Aperture priority, Auto ISO, and let it rip.

Enjoy,

M

rollsman44

Wonderful start. As light and compact as the S system gets. Truly outstanding lens. My choice for going out in a snowstorm where lens changing is difficult.

And this will give you as good a sense of the system as anything.

Or are you asking about settings? I just go Aperture priority, Auto ISO, and let it rip.

Enjoy,

M
Hi Matt, thank you for sharing this. I will do just that. My other plans to try is Flash off camera with pocket wizard on the camera as the Transmitter
I am not sure about this camera but on other MF cameras I had to change a setting in the camera so the camera would not go dark when I increased the F stops
I shoot Manual camera and Manual flash Never TTL AF is what I prefer over MF
Any suggestions you can offer me is appreciated. Dennis

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Hi Matt, thank you for sharing this. I will do just that. My other plans to try is Flash off camera with pocket wizard on the camera as the Transmitter
I am not sure about this camera but on other MF cameras I had to change a setting in the camera so the camera would not go dark when I increased the F stops
I shoot Manual camera and Manual flash Never TTL AF is what I prefer over MF
Any suggestions you can offer me is appreciated. Dennis
Sorry, no experience with flash at all on the S system.