The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Live Feed setup question, multiple cameras, mixer, wireless

haring

I am looking into building a live feed system. I would like to provide live feed for online events, weddings, workshops.

I would like to have 2-3 cameras to record the event. I am thinking
about attaching a wireless transmitter to the cameras to send the signal
to a live feed video mixer. I would like to switch back and forth
between cameras signal is broadcasted to the online viewers.

How would you do this? What king of DSLR/mirrorless HDMI transmitter you
would use from the camera to the video mixer. What kind of solutions
there are to switch back and forth between cameras? Thanks so much!

iiiNelson

If autofocusing ability isn’t a must I’d really look at solutions from Blackmagic with their Pocket Cinema cameras and ATEM line of products. You can also do video switching with some Atomos products as well. I don’t know that you can send video wirelessly to the computer without using something like a Teradek or Hollyland type system but I do know that the ATEM’s would allow you to do switching and get out to the internet relatively seamlessly.

There are a lot of solutions for this and it might be a great question to ask a specialty store that deals in studio type productions or talk to a B&H representative about various setups in greater detail to make the process go smoothly.