The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

macOS Ventura: is it safe ?

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Universal Good Advice: If you need a machine for work, don't touch it. If you want to experiment, make a bootable external disk with the new OS, but even then, try to keep it off of your main machine. I'm not upgrading until the top four or five apps that I use regularly report in with no problems. There's a market for quite old machines which are the latest things that will run, e.g., ProTools (that info may be out of date, but they were famous for not updating their software.)

Knorp

Thanks, Matt. I know the drill all too well, but still fancy a bit of adventure too ...
Anyway, for the moment I'll stay put.

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Thanks, Matt. I know the drill all too well, but still fancy a bit of adventure too ...
Anyway, for the moment I'll stay put.
I know seasoned professionals (not just photographers) who have made this mistake. I have to hold myself back from the "upgrade" button!

AlanS

Bart, did you have any problems with darktable? When I click a preset nothing happens, all the files are there but for some reason darktable can't seem to action them!

Knorp

Bart, did you have any problems with darktable? When I click a preset nothing happens, all the files are there but for some reason darktable can't seem to action them!
Hi there, Alan.

that would be really too bad.
However, I just did another export of a Sony RAW file this time and it produces a fine JPEG like it did just after the upgrade.

This is the version I'm running
Screenshot 2022-11-01 at 12.36.11.png
And this is the output
20221101_0001.jpg

AlanS

Yes I can output jpegs ok, it's just I can't use any of my (or the supplied) presets for the different moduls. I am on the same version as you as well. I will give the darktable forum a visit I think.

AlanS

Thank's Bart, there is a workaround but I find it hit and miss at the moment, perhaps more practice! :cool: