The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

macOS Ventura: is it safe ?

Knorp

Latest DxO PureRAW Version 2.2.1 (nov '22)
System requirements
MacOS
• Intel® CoreTM i5 or higher (Intel® CoreTM i7 4th generation or higher, or Apple Silicon recommended)
• 8 GB of RAM (16 GB recommended)
• 4 GB or more of available hard-disk space
• 10.15.7 (Catalina), 11 (Big Sur), 12 (Monterey), ...

Still no official support for macOS 13 (Ventura) !

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Latest DxO PureRAW Version 2.2.1 (nov '22)
System requirements
MacOS
• Intel® CoreTM i5 or higher (Intel® CoreTM i7 4th generation or higher, or Apple Silicon recommended)
• 8 GB of RAM (16 GB recommended)
• 4 GB or more of available hard-disk space
• 10.15.7 (Catalina), 11 (Big Sur), 12 (Monterey), ...

Still no official support for macOS 13 (Ventura) !
I've had PureRAW crashing a few times with Ventura. Also Topaz software seems to have some problems.

AlanS

I am running PureRAW verson 1.5.0 with no problems and Topaz sharpen has been wthout problems.

scho

Using PureRaw 2.2.1 both standalone and LR plugin with no problems running Ventura.

Knorp

PureRaw2 works for me, but it's Darktable 4.1.0.1 that's struggling with a little hope for the upcoming 4.2: Milestones
As pointed out by Alan the presets are missing/not working.

Godfrey

Just installed macOS X 13.0.1 Ventura today. So far, no problems with any of the software I use.

G

scho

There are some known bugs involving Lightroom Classic performance running under Ventura and I just ran into another one. Opened Preferences in LR Classic but all content under External Editing was gone including presets. Just a blank page now with no content.

Godfrey

Hmm. I tried that, Carl, and it seems to be working fine on my system (not that I use much in way of external editing services, but all my configurations are intact). So far, I haven't seen any issues at all with LR Classic.

G

Knorp

Thanks all.
So issues seem to occur with both types of CPU, like missing presets in DT and LRC.
Must be an macOS thingy then or poor implementation by the vendors ...