The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Making a new video file format

samgv2891

I am working on a project that involves modifying the orginal frames of movie to attach additional detail into each frame. The additional detail that I put into each frame is interactive in nature ie. for example it could be a text box within each frame that i could type into. Now i know that a video is only for playback, but what I intend to do here is modify each frame in my required way and then assemble them all together to produce a new video file format(if i may call it that) and also design a video player that can play my format and also make it interactive like how I designed each frame to be.

I don't have much of experience in this field and I would like any pointers to resources if any.

Also please do let me know as to which platform I should do the processing of the frames in. MATLAB seemed to be an option but after a quick search I see that the output is in AVI format. But what I want to do is create my own format. please guide me through the basics and also on what tool or platform I should tutor myself to make my goal achievable.

Thanking you in advance