The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

• We are looking for a committed forum member who would like to help with administration and moderation of our forum. Good communication and writing skills would be appreciated. Please message Olaf if you are interested.

Malefic 6x17 camera - experiences?

KC_2020

The 6x17 version was made by a hobbyist (Shawn) who worked with the original Kraken designer (Graham Young) to make the camera wider. That Esty page says he's paying a license fee to sell them (I see he also prints and sells the 612 version).
Ah, I missed that part, obviously. Thanks for the clarification.

Last edited:

ggibson

Seems the acquisition has been completed, and the new owner is taking orders on the 617 and cones once again:

Very reasonable pricing. I may pick up a 150mm cone after I find a lens. I find 90mm is very wide to compose on 6x17.

anyone

Seems the acquisition has been completed, and the new owner is taking orders on the 617 and cones once again:

Very reasonable pricing. I may pick up a 150mm cone after I find a lens. I find 90mm is very wide to compose on 6x17.
Nice to see its available again, at least for those of us who live in US:) I’ll stick to 90mm though, I like the one-lens-outfit.

anyone

In my camera, the film seems to be a bit off-centered, so there is more space on the top of the film than on the bottom. Does anyone have the same experience and/ or an idea to avoid this issue?

Trogster

In my camera, the film seems to be a bit off-centered, so there is more space on the top of the film than on the bottom. Does anyone have the same experience and/ or an idea to avoid this issue?

It sounds like an issue with the method you use to load the film. If the film isn't fully seated at the base, you'll have 'space' at the top where the film doesn't get exposed.

While loading your film, you need to ensure that both spools are fully seated, and you'll need to reach into the camera body and ensure that the film is fully seated along it's track. Takes a bit of practice.