The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Mamiya 645 AF APO 300/4.5 experience?

bensonga

Hi folks,

I'm considering this lens to use with my 645AFD II/film and DF bodies with the P25+ and Aptus II 5. I was wondering if some of you have experience with this lens on these or similar digital backs. I have the AF 210/4 ULD lens and have been impressed with it, so thought I might try the 300 APO too.

TIA.

Gary

I have had the 300mm f/4.5 for about 4-years, and have used it less than I initially thought. Partially because I have only done landscapes with my first P20, then P25+, then P45+, and just new to me a P65+.

Recently, with the past 6-months, I have started to attend model / beauty workshops, and I have used it for about 350-images. I have to admit that I got one "money shot" using the 300mm & P45+, but I believe that had more to do with the subject, and circumstances; outdoor, Moab, tall model, and scene conducive to compression. I shot it at f/8 and it was exceptional. I also used a Mamiya AF 210mm at f/8 at that same work shop, and on the same scene - I liked the results of color & sharpness, but preferred the 300mm's compression.

I have not tried it with film (still have a back), nor with my P65+, and most likely will replace that lens for a 240mm L/S (because I can use a2x converter with it).

For what it is worth.