The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Mamiya 645DF+ & ZD22 digitalback and "cab db"issue

huyu

Hi Gurus,

I just grabbed a ZD22 back pairing with my old 645df+, it shows "cab db" every time I take a picture and the viewfinder is like in mirror lockup mode (I can't see anything)
The 645DF+ is running 2.31 fw & works totally fine with my other IQ backs.
The previous owner said he got no problem with this combo (he uses the 645df+ as well)

Does anyone know what is this issue and how to correct it? I googled a bit and said need to upgrade the FW to improve the stability which's incl "error db'', "cap db", "no db"... but 2.31 seems the latest one?

TIA!

MartinN

Congrats. Just a thought, the ZD is ’old’ and the df+ ’newer’. What if there is incompatibility related to that ? Maybe you could pick up a backup body, Mamiya AFD-AFDIII ? Need to be tested and confirmed, though.

Well. I now see the previous user used a similar setup. No clues anymore.

Last edited:

huyu

Yeah, I love how the color rendering from the ZD22.
I can still shoot with it. but it's annoying somehow.
It now randomly shows up that lockup issue..once after a few (1-5) shots. I can either turn off the body or slightly pull back the lens release button and it's back to normal..for awhile..yes it's annoying :(

MartinN

Cleaning the gold plated contacts ? But the first generation digital backs were quirky and lockups frequent. Removing the battery, deattaching the lens, turning everything off and such remedy were needed …

huyu

I didn't tether, I shot with an old 8gb 133x and also did all things like removing the battery (was all 100%capacity), and shot with differ lenses...
Anyway, I returned it to the previous owner and the issue remains a mystery. Will have an update when I'm sorted out or maybe someone who had the same issue can help..

Thank you guys,