The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Medium Format and Coffee

Godfrey

Anyone have a suggestion for best coffee to use in a Bialetti pot?:)
My favorite so far is Costa Rica Dark, roasted at the local venue (Dana Street Roasting Company in Mountain View, CA) and ground to an espresso grind. I buy a pound, have them grind it in their much-better-than-my grinder, and it generally lasts me about two weeks ... Not ideal, for sure, but good enough for my tastes. :D

G

dave.gt

Tuesday, we received a gift from our dear friends in Italy. A Bialetti Moka Express AND a larger Venus Moka pot.

A can of Illy Classico arrived this evening and after several runs of coffee through the smaller pot, I was ready to make a cup for my own enjoyment!:)

Wow! I was not prepared for the taste even with the entire house filled with the chocolate/caramel/fruity aroma!

That was four hours ago. The smell and taste are still with me.:)

Now I better understand the Italian coffee experience. I am already thinking of how to try different coffees in the coming weeks.

This is great fun!!!

Hausen

I have had 60 days off coffee after going through a allergen/toxin protocol. Theoretically I am allergic to a protein in the coffee bean, not caffeine. Today is day 61 and it is back on the OK list and it was divine.

MartinN

I’m on day 380 about with lots of tea instead daily. Had two cups of drip brewed about a month ago and my stomach did not like it at all. Some day I will order decaf Espresso beans, and try with that. I think caffeine is the upsetting chemical and all stuff in tea is acting differently. For me.