The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Medium Format and Coffee

dave.gt

Well, now, it appears that this thread is over a year old already! Thanks to all who contributed to this thread with your hard work, knowledge, skills, and doing what you love.

Now, I will celebrate this thread with another cup of coffee!:):):)

dave.gt

Thanks, Matt!:)

As the weather gets a little cooler, I have decided to get a 3-cup Bialetti.
Perhaps I will have it in hand next week.

My usual coffee this morning was fine, but I would like something a little different as we enter the colder days of winter soon (...such as it is here).

We have plenty of firewood, and I can think of nothing better than a morning coffee in front of a morning fire as the Sun slowly rises in the East to split the dark of night. Simple pleasures...😃

Oh... One more roll of Velvia and my order will be off to Dwayne's for processing! That should give me enough time to learn a new coffee during the waiting period.

FloatingLens

Manual focus on the R58 group head...

CF047574.jpg

FlexBody CP
Sonnar 5,6/250 Sa
1/4s f5,6 @ ISO 100
Phase One P20
Capture One 20

dave.gt

Happy birthday Dave, I follow this advice, I assume you too ;)

Pegelli, your comments are always appreciated.:):):)

I might add a similar thought that I believe in very much:

"I refuse to grow OLD! ":cool:

Coffee is both a focusing fluid and a small injection of bliss into an otherwise strange trip through life.:)

dave.gt

Now, let's get down to specific coffee for a Moka. What do you guys recommend for a Bialetti experience?:)

P. Chong

Don't understand what you mean? I have a Bialetti Moka pot. I use it quite infrequently. Grind immediately before brew. Do not compress the coffee bed. Start with hot water on lower chamber so that the heat from the stove does not heat up the coffee. That's it, I guess...is that what you are asking, Dave?

Here is my cuppa for the day, I seldom drink more than 1 espresso doppio a day. My own roast, made on Oct 22. 120g Colombia / 80g Aceh Gayo to City+. I pulled this cup today on my Elektra Micro Casa a Leva espresso machine using 15.1g of grounds yielding 30.2g espresso.

1603631021444.png

Now, let's get down to specific coffee for a Moka. What do you guys recommend for a Bialetti experience?:)

dave.gt

Sounds like you roast your own. :)

I wish, but it is just not practical at the moment for me. I will have to order a specific roast from somewhere. I don't mind picking up a grinder though.

With the pandemic, I find it far too risky to go inside a coffee shop for an espresso or anything, and the drive-thru lines are far too long at the local coffee house, so I will make my own for the foreseeable future.

Just what should I purchase to use in a Bialetti?:)

P. Chong

ah, yes, I do roast my own coffee.

I find Illy beans to be ok for Moka pot. Or a Single Origin from one of the local roasters.

Sounds like you roast your own. :)

I wish, but it is just not practical at the moment for me. I will have to order a specific roast from somewhere. I don't mind picking up a grinder though.

With the pandemic, I find it far too risky to go inside a coffee shop for an espresso or anything, and the drive-thru lines are far too long at the local coffee house, so I will make my own for the foreseeable future.

Just what should I purchase to use in a Bialetti?:)

dave.gt

ah, yes, I do roast my own coffee.

I find Illy beans to be ok for Moka pot. Or a Single Origin from one of the local roasters.
Illy has been recommended more than once, so I will take your advice, thanks!:)

For today, I will get by with a blonde roast coffee. I am looking forward to getting the Bialetti soon!