The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Medium Format and Coffee

anyone

A gas camp stove + french press is my portable kit that I would also use in such an occassion. However, the camp stoves are not for indoor use really.

Glad you got your electricity back! The weather condition seem to be really exceptional in the US right now. Stay safe!

Here the morning starts with coffee (americano) and writing Christmas cards. Merry Christmas to you all!

CF010977_web.jpg

Hasselblad 500C/M, Planar 80

Last edited:

dave.gt

There is 12V dip heaters for in car use. And even drip coffee makers for 12V.
Hmmm… in a pinch I wouldn’t mind sitting in the car with a cup of coffee brewing… I just didn’t like missing my morning coffee after a very cold night. LOL, that was roughing it!

I must avoid those kinds of tragic events in the future even if I have to order a delivery from Starbucks via a 3rd party!

dave.gt

A gas camp stove + french press is my portable kit that I would also use in such an occassion. However, the camp stoves are not for indoor use really.

Glad you got your electricity back! The weather condition seem to be really exceptional in the US right now. Stay safe!

Here the morning starts with coffee (americano) and writing Christmas cards. Merry Christmas to you all!

View attachment 199649

Hasselblad 500C/M, Planar 80
Oh, what a lovely photo to share on Christmas Eve!!! I wish my little Leica Cave was not so cluttered, and then I could share a photo from here.

Thank you for that!!!:):):)

algrove

Wow Dave, I had no idea it was that cold in ATL today. Living in FL I keep a propane burner in working order outside just for coffee and food basics if needed.

I also have a small French press type of coffee brewer powered by a small 8 oz tank of isobutane/propane fuel mix. This could come in handy for emergencies too and it says it is for outdoor use only which is logical.

It is called the JetBoil Flash-Lite. Will get it out and look further at it, but it has the push-down filter for making French Press coffee of your choice. It even has its own flint. Well made.

In your situation one cannot get their Ember coffee cup to work though.

Last edited:

dave.gt

A nice way to start off on Christmas morning - a nice cup of half caf (a mix of freshly-ground Trader Joe’s French Roast decaf and - MMM-MMM! - Tim Hortons dark roast). All done up in a Chemex pour-over and served in my $0.50 Billings, Montana Goodwill mug. Complementing it all with a slice of panettone and a beautiful and highly-functional Bronica S2 adorned with a stellar 50/3.5 Nikkor.

Bronica Coffee and Panettone
by Vince Lupo, on Flickr
Merry Christmas, Vince!!!:):):)

*(lovely photo and just the right mood!)

Last edited:

GeorgeBo

Having a quiet Christmas afternoon with my wife and son home from grad school. They see me with my tripod and camera kit and ask what I am doing. I say, going to make a cup of coffee 😄

I got a book on lighting techniques for Christmas, so I had to combine that with coffee and camera, right? Below shot with Hasselblad CFV II 50C back on Cambo Actus DB. Using Nikkor SW 65mm with a little swing to get the grinder somewhat in focus too.

George

B9679347.jpg

FloatingLens

I recently stumbled upon a completely new kind of coffee to me called "Mr. Toi". It is pure robusta, however due to special processing it exhibits a very balanced taste profile I never would have expected.

Let me share its profile card here:
Microlot100% Canephora
OriginVietnam
FarmVietnam, Bao Loc, Future Coffee Farm, Toi Nguyen
Elevation900 - 1000m
AromaChocolate-Nut, roasted almond
Variety100% Robusta
ProcessFully Washed

B_0593.jpg
Mr. Toi・1/250s f9 @ ISO 100​

For the nerds among us:
CameraLinhof Kardan re
LensSK Makro-Symmar HM 5,6/120
AdapterLinhof Hasselblad V Digi-Adapter
BackHasselblad CFV II 50c
FlashBroncolor Siros 400S

Last edited:

anyone

The type of cup is called "Kuksa" in Finnish - it's a traditional cup used by the indigenous people of the north, Sami, and it's carved out of Birch wood. It's very nice as it flavours the coffee just a tiny little bit and the cup never gets too hot :)

dave.gt

The type of cup is called "Kuksa" in Finnish - it's a traditional cup used by the indigenous people of the north, Sami, and it's carved out of Birch wood. It's very nice as it flavours the coffee just a tiny little bit and the cup never gets too hot :)
Very interesting… and it appears to be “right-handed”? I love these carved utensils. The beauty of it is better than any modern art coffee cups I have seen. Thanks! Great photo!

MartinN

The Finnish customs tales, however says, you can never buy such a thing. You always have to get it as a gift from a friend. Oopps, I bought mine….

Reactions: spb

spb

Staff member
The Finnish customs tales, however says, you can never buy such a thing. You always have to get it as a gift from a friend. Oopps, I bought mine….
Where did you manage to buy it from, very cool design.

anyone

Oh, I started a Kuksa movement :) I got mine as a gift, following the tale. It was handmade in Rovaniemi.

The real news was in the small print: it was one of the first shots with my new digital back.

Last edited:

glennedens

Anyone, congratulations on the digital back. Where did you get that Kuksa? That's one of the most elegant modern designs I've seen for a Kuksa. I've never seen that one in all my many trips to Finland, can you share where you got it? Kind regards, Glenn