The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Merry Christmas to the kind Folks Here

gurtch

My wife and I have made our own cards every year for 62 years. Originally we made 100 cards in my darkroom using Kodak 8" x 10" "Folding Weight" paper. When I switched to digital, I made color cards on my desktop Epson printer. Now I design the original and have Over Night Prints Company make us 250 5.5" x 8.5" color cards cheaper and faster than I can do here at home. The significance of the shack on our card is that it was an icon on the causeway which , as our kids said "we are almost there", meaning the beach was only several miles away. Super Storm Sandy wiped it out and it is gone forever.

Merry Christmas

Dave & Sharon Gurtcheff

Beach Haven, Long Beach Island, NJ

XMAS CARD 2021 SMALL JPG web size .jpg

dave.gt

Merry Christmas, Dave & Sharon!:)

It’s really great to get to know you both and get a little glimpse of your work through your posts. Love the shack, snd the story behind it is a warm reminder of our own vacations when our own kids were very young. Thanks for the memories too!:):):)

Steve Hendrix

Over the years, this place has been a great destination and a rare community, and today it remains so. A nice end of year Christmas wish just brings that all home. Merry Christmas Dave!

Steve Hendrix/CI

Last edited:

gurtch

Thanks all for the replies. I love this place. Everyone is a gentleman (or lady!). Your work and posts inspire me to get out and photograph. I will me 85 in February and sometimes need a little kick to get going!
Dave

dave.gt

On Christmas Eve Eve, I am grateful for each and every person in this community. Since becoming an active member on the forum in 2017, I have been inspired and excited about our passion of photography as never before. :)

I want to wish everyone a wonderful Christmas and New Year! Be safe and be well!:)

And of course, a couple of holiday images from around our little home:
EB8A96B2-67C6-4F20-B09F-410FA66249BE.jpeg
137D00DE-C5AC-429A-912A-8E69E2B78E05.jpeg

Dave

anyone

Merry Christmas!

Thank you for all the inspiring pictures and kind spirit in this forum. In a year with health issues it has been always a welcome escape and pleasure to come here and be inspired by your work.

Lapland
R0010400.jpg
Ricoh GR II