The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

MFDB Sensor Care

bythewei

Hello. I've been using digital backs for years but this is really the first time I have to do some cleaning.

There are a few specks of dust on my Credo back, and you can see spots from resulting images. This looks like something I can simply dust off using a Lenspen brush, or a blower.

Do I really need to use the official cleaning solution?

Would love to hear from everyone how else do you care for your sensors.

PS: I'm aware that blower is not recommended. What about using a Lenspen brush to gently brush it off? https://www.captureintegration.com/ci-recommended-sensor-cleaning-practices/

Last edited:

nameBrandon

I primarily use a rocket blower every time I move the back between cameras, and that takes care of 95% of dust issues. For the tough spots I use an arctic butterfly.. I haven't had to do a wet cleaning in years.

Geoff

Blower used regularly, then wet cleaning w kit from Capture Integration with a plastic full width blade, covered w special lint free fabric, and alcohol based solution. Rarely ever use the other, soapy solution.