The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Moderator Approval needed?

pegelli

I posted a photo here and it now says:

"This message is awaiting moderator approval, and is invisible to normal visitors."

Is that normal?

Knorp

"This message is awaiting moderator approval, and is invisible to normal visitors."

Is that normal?
Well, first define 'normal' . . . :geek:
But this happened to my photo as well when I posted in the Street Photography section.

olafphoto

Administrator
Staff member

Is that normal?
Yes, posting in this particular section will require approval. I will write a message about this issue. Thank you for asking.

anyone

I don't really like the moderator approval, but then again, I will just not post in that section.

Where moderator approval would be really needed though is for the first posts of new members. There has been quite a bit of spam lately.

pegelli

I don't really like the moderator approval, but then again, I will just not post in that section.

Where moderator approval would be really needed though is for the first posts of new members. There has been quite a bit of spam lately.
+1 on moderator approval for new members (I think the old forum had that)

I'll wait for Olaf's message on what his objectives are by curating these sections and will try to align with those, probably his biggest concern is "oversharing" and have members only share few and their very best there. But in the end it comes down to who determines what is "very best".
As you say there are plenty other places on getDPI where you can show work without needing moderator approval, so we'll see how this one goes.

olafphoto

Administrator
Staff member
+1 on moderator approval for new members (I think the old forum had that)

I'll wait for Olaf's message on what his objectives are by curating these sections and will try to align with those, probably his biggest concern is "oversharing" and have members only share few and their very best there. But in the end it comes down to who determines what is "very best".
As you say there are plenty other places on getDPI where you can show work without needing moderator approval, so we'll see how this one goes.
Thank you for sharing your thoughts. For now, our team at the Medium Format Magazine is curating this experimental section. We have one of the best curation teams in the industry and I have my full confidence in their choices. After all, the curation process has always been one of the most important in the photographic world (take a look at the Magnum Agency or other famous photographic houses). Of course, I will be also participating in this process. I will share more thoughts about it in the upcoming weeks. Right now we still have so much to do to upgrade the forum. I always appreciate your input.