The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

chrism

Thank you for tolerating them! It's going to be nice when I can pester someone new for a photo! P. and T. have done more than their fair share during the last 18 months of immunosuppression!

Thomas 2021 #5 1619185062225.gif

XP2 Super @200, Diafine, two flashes. Probably should reduce the power of the one from the side.

chrism

Having given up on Adobe, I have lost the use of the ColorPerfect plug-in for PS. Affinity Photo has only a rudimentary invert command, so I have been trying to find my best way of dealing with colour negatives in the future, assuming I bother with them as I do prefer B&W. This was an Ektar 100 shot, developed in a Unicolor presskit, and taken with the Rolleiflex before the great camera sell-off. This time I scanned it as a raw file with Vuescan and the Nikon 9000, inverted it with Graphic Converter, then tweaked it with Apple Photos and Nik's Color Efex Pro 4 and Viveza 2. This is about one quarter of the original negative, so it's a bit soft, but it didn't come out too badly, given the awkwardness of Ektar.

Orchids 2 1619307425726.gif

Godfrey

Lovely photos, chrism. I think I have the same orchid here.

I've never used ColorPerfect, always do my rendering in LR thus far. Only rarely shoot color neg, but I render from old negs occasionally. You inspire me to experiment again without Adobe tools... :)

chrism

Turns out the ColorPerfect plug-in can be hosted not only by PS, but also by a relatively cheap German image manipulation app called PhotoLine. I bought it, and managed to make it work (there is a trick for getting all going on Apple Silicon).

dave.gt

Ah, five minutes to relax before going to work and I have found this forum.

And Chris, too!:)

Having just now begun remembering the few years I had my F6, and seeing Chris's work, I will definitely be looking for another F6 in the near future.

See how you guys inspire me in even the smallest ways?:)

Godfrey

Everyone loves spending my money too. I generally don't mind, as long as I have some free cash to spend and the thing enticing me is worth buying... :)

But I had an F6. Nice as it is, I sold it. I shoot very very little 35mm film anymore, and either of my Leicaflex SL or R6.2 do as good a job for me. Never mind the other 35mm cameras in the closet... Generally, when I want to shoot film, I reach for 6x6 or Polaroid nowadays, or Minox Submini for that matter. No particular reason other than I like the results I get with them.

G

dave.gt

Really nice image there, Chris. (y)(y)I have not used Diafine but I am working with DDX which has been very good.

How does Diafine compare?