The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

More Fun with Large Format Film Images!

chrism

Good to see you shooting Large format again Chris, or are you posting elsewhere?
Mostly, I've been using those F6's pictured above! But since I bought 200 sheets of the Galaxy Hyperspeed paper through their Kickstarter, I have to use it up. It was a fun session. My incident meter swore I needed only 8 seconds at f64 with the two monolights I was using. The 300mm lens was extended to 480mm, so it seemed like I needed another one and a third stops for bellows compensation, and then for reciprocity - how much? I had no idea, so I used four sheets of paper, all pre-flashed for four seconds through a sheet of plain white paper in front of the lens, then exposed for 8, 16, 30 and 60 seconds. Just as well that the 30 second exposure turned out nicely, as it seems I placed the paper in the holder the wrong way round for the 60 second exposure (it was a negative, but it was the right way round left to right, and it probably got the equivalent of 2 seconds actual exposure). Fun, fun, fun. That's why we do it, no?

Chris

AlanS

Well it's got me smiling! It can be hard work but it pays off when you can sit down and enjoy the results.

chrism

If you mean the two 50mm lenses seeming to point outwards as well as upwards - I suspect it was that I used quite a bit of tilt to get everything in focus.

C.

AlanS

Great to see some activity in this thread again, nice work. Love the girl (nude) in the interior, I would love that one on my wall :)

chrism

Chamonix 10x8, Schneider-Kreuznach Symmar-S 360mm/f6.8 @ f6.8, 1/8 second, one Impact strobe, Galaxy Hyperspeed paper at ISO 50, pre-flashed though plain printer paper (same exposure as for taking), Ilford MG developer, Epson V850 scan:

Thomas 10x8 by chrism229, on Flickr

Chris

chrism

When two people have to sit through a few iterations of a 10x8 photo they don't look so good. Chamonix 10x8, Schneider-Kreuznach Symmar-S 360mm/f6.8, Galaxy Hyperspeed @ EI 50, preflashed through plain paper for same exposure as taking exposure, one Impact strobe and one Impact continuous CFT light, Ilford MG Developer, Epson V850 scan:

Canadian Gothic by chrism229, on Flickr

Stick a pitchfork in it and it would be done.

C.