The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

More Fun with Large Format Film Images!

Fredrick

Let's revive this thread. I just recently had these two negatives drum scanned. The level of detail is quite amazing, and sort of hurt my ego. I thought I had nailed focus on these, but some areas are out of focus on both of them. Suffice to say, if I'm going back to 8x10, I'll be using f/45-64. They're both Ilford Delta 100 8x10, rated at EI 50 and with n-2 development.

The first image is from San Martino Di Castrozza, Italy. Shot right after sunrise in June 2014, I quite distinctly remember using a red filter to break through the haze and emphasize the mountains in the distance. I think I can be honest and say I would not have been able to print this image satisfactory in the darkroom.

The second image was made just outside of Hemsedal, Norway. This was captured in November of 2013. I used a yellow filter to make the sunlight hitting the mountain "glow". I would say I succeeded in that endeavor.

MartinN

Kiev 60 with the kit lens
View attachment 198007
That was a camera I bought long ago for my Pentacon Six lenses. But that is not a viewcamera, field-camera or monorail ? 6x9 sheet film minimum for this thread ? Or rollfilm magazine with whatever on those cameras ?

Medium format or Analog thread recommended…. Sorry for copping.

Last edited:

sklba

That was a camera I bought long ago for my Pentacon Six lenses. But that is not a viewcamera, field-camera or monorail ? 6x9 sheet film minimum for this thread ? Or rollfilm magazine with whatever on those cameras ?

Medium format or Analog thread recommended…. Sorry for copping.
Me posting on little sleep is dangerous. Sorry - deleted it cause yeah, 100% wrong thread. I'm new. I swear I'll get the hang of this, eventually.

lookbook

I think it's great.
Who is it from?
don't you trust me with the photo? :)
but you are right!

... the picture is from a great photo artist from the north of germany.
he wanted me to scan the picture for him.
since then i use it from time to time to show off a little!

JoelM

Man, I miss those Pt/Pd days. I recently sold my contact frame, but I have all my other Pt stuff. I keep thinking that I'll get back into it again, but time is running out.
Nicely done, Vince!

anyone

I have an Edwards Engineering Products light source that used UV tubes. It's very repeatable and built very well. I still have it but won't likely ever use it again. :cry:
Joel
Sometimes it’s a matter of just taking the gear and start using it. I just start with 8x10, a fascinating format indeed! I’ll also look into contact printing.

MartinN

Sometimes it’s a matter of just taking the gear and start using it. I just start with 8x10, a fascinating format indeed! I’ll also look into contact printing.
There are simply so many options for image making nowdays:rolleyes:, but why choose the most modern digital ? Having fun and trying things out can be rewarding, but there can be a creeping feeling somebody would say, why are you dealing with something not most modern ?