The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Mount Fuji Active … 📸

Thorkil

Grotewerf, Marken NL ...

| gfx-100s | gf100-200/5.6 |
I guess this is an sort of old village, Bart, but not for farming/farmers it looks like?
Just for living I guess, with each small gardens for each house..
A very nice sort of old communitive-living/building , in the socalled Close-low way of building, and looking good..
Do you know the historic way behind?

Knorp

I guess this is an sort of old village, Bart, but not for farming/farmers it looks like?
Just for living I guess, with each small gardens for each house..
A very nice sort of old communitive-living/building , in the socalled Close-low way of building, and looking good..
Do you know the historic way behind?
Hello Thorkil,

These clusters of buildings originate from the time when flooding was a serious thread and so the houses were build on mounds.
You could try to translate to English or Danish the Dutch Wikipedia page (or parts of it) regarding Marken.

Marken (Waterland)

Yards
In the 14th century there were frequent breaches of the dykes, giving the brackish water free rein again. The residents of Marken tried to protect themselves better by erecting more mounds. These were called yards. Originally, Marken consisted of the neighborhoods Monnikenwerf and Kloosterwerf. The latter was swallowed up by the water. Monnikenwerf later became part of the current Kerkbuurt.

At the height of the mounds there were 27 yards on the island. Over the centuries, twelve of them have been swallowed up by the water. In 2012, of the fifteen remaining yards, twelve are inhabited and one is a cemetery. The inhabitants of Marken increasingly focused on fishing, which in the 17th and 18th centuries increasingly became the main means of livelihood. As a result, there was a strong population growth.
Kind regards.

Thorkil

Hello Thorkil,

These clusters of buildings originate from the time when flooding was a serious thread and so the houses were build on mounds.
You could try to translate to English or Danish the Dutch Wikipedia page (or parts of it) regarding Marken.

Marken (Waterland)

Kind regards.
Hi Bart
Thank you, I'll try to look into it...
Kind Regards
Thorkil

Don Libby

Testing the GFX100s with a Canon 24mm TSE and Kipon smart adaptor I just got late yesterday. This is the result of 2-captures, 1 centered 1-raised then stitched in PS. No processing other than to crop out a small white line on the bottom sides due to incorrect camera placement. No vignette on any frames taken so far and more importantly the Kipon adaptor work flawlessly. f/8 1/160 ISO 50. I'm a very happy camper after waiting for several years...
Untitled_Panorama-1.jpg

scho

Testing the GFX100s with a Canon 24mm TSE and Kipon smart adaptor I just got late yesterday. This is the result of 2-captures, 1 centered 1-raised then stitched in PS. No processing other than to crop out a small white line on the bottom sides due to incorrect camera placement. No vignette on any frames taken so far and more importantly the Kipon adaptor work flawlessly. f/8 1/160 ISO 50. I'm a very happy camper after waiting for several years...
View attachment 184770
Thanks for reporting Don. I have the Canon 24 TSE and Kipon adapter that I used previously on the GFX 50r and I'm still waiting for my 100s to arrive, but good to know that this combo also works well on the 100s. I also used the adapter with a 16-35 f/4 L and it worked well on the 50r.

Don Libby

Thanks for reporting Don. I have the Canon 24 TSE and Kipon adapter that I used previously on the GFX 50r and I'm still waiting for my 100s to arrive, but good to know that this combo also works well on the 100s. I also used the adapter with a 16-35 f/4 L and it worked well on the 50r.
Very pleased with both the lens and Kipon. My major concern on using the lens was finding an adaptor that would work seamlessly and the Kipon does. I also just received a Fotodiox Pro Fusion Smart adaptor and also tried it out this morning and found it works just as well. I like the Kipon slightly more as it seems to be easier to use. I'll keep the Fotodiox as a spar for awhile (think belt and suspenders)

Don

Don Libby

DSCF0227.jpgUntitled_Panorama-1 copy.jpg20210503_085105.jpgI've been doing a little more testing using the GFX100s, Canon 24mm TSE and a ROGETI. It took some doing however I believe I'm past the learning curve and can now take 4-frames converting into a single image. I took these this morning; the first is a single capture no movements (24mm TSE 11648x8736 pixels @300 dpi f/3.5 1/8 ISO 500) the second is the result of 4-frames 15541x12643 @300 dpi and the last images show the camera setup.