The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Mount Fuji Active … 📸

bensonga

I picked up a 50R with the 35-70 "kit lens" a few days ago. It has been very lightly used (less than 60 shots, it was a backup camera). The previous owner traded it in at the local Anchorage camera shop for a 100S. The price was so low I really couldn't pass it up.

I had been thinking about getting a Fuji MF camera for quite awhile, possibly to use on a Cambo Actus-G. In the meantime I'll try some of my medium format manual focus lenses on it (Mamiya 645, Hasselblad V, Pentax 645 & 67).

The weather has been very overcast here for the past week. This is one of my first test shots with the 35-70 lens. It seems pretty good. I was lucky to see this Alaska Railroad train stopped for a few minutes when I drove along the Ship Creek railroad yards. Shortly after I took this photo it pulled away.

Gary

_DSF0079 IRD-DNG-ACR AK RR Locomotive Cropped P2048.jpg

scho

Hi Gary, Fuji is running their annual spring sale again so you might want to also consider the excellent little 50mm f/3.5 lens with a $500 discount. This lens was my favorite walkabout lens on the 50R.

bensonga

Thanks for the tip Carl. I was not aware of the $500 rebate and it is not advertised on the B&H Photo website yet. I was planning to buy the 50mm lens from a friend when he decides to sell his 100S and GF lenses later this year. I’ll go ahead and get the 50 now and take advantage of the rebate offer.

Unfortunately, but not surprising, the rebate is only $200 on the 50mm lens. I’ll wait and buy the lens from my friend when he is ready to sell it.

Gary

Last edited: