The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Mount Fuji Active … 📸

PeterA

Hi Bart lovely macros- are you using a Canon EF lens on teh GFX if so what adaptor and also (supplementary question) are you using a tripod?

Pete

Knorp

Hi Bart lovely macros- are you using a Canon EF lens on teh GFX if so what adaptor and also (supplementary question) are you using a tripod?

Pete
Hi there Pete,

take a deep breath - it's the Canon EF 180mm f/3.5 L Macro USM and a Fringer EF-GFX Pro adapter.
For most shots a table-top tripod, to get a low vantage point, was used and a flash contraption to overcome any movement by wind.
AF works but it's not great for close-ups, a lot of hunting before it settles, so most of the time I'm using MF.
The lens doesn't cover the sensor completely. Cropping to 1:1 or even 5:4, depending on the background, will take out the dark corners.

Kind regards.

1:1

7:6

5:4

4:3

Last edited:

PeterA

Hi there Pete,

take a deep breath - it's the Canon EF 180mm f/3.5 L Macro USM and a Fringer EF-GFX Pro adapter.
For most shots a table-top tripod, to get a low vantage point, was used and a flash contraption to overcome any movement by wind.
AF works but it's not great for close-ups, a lot of hunting before it settles, so most of the time I'm using MF.
The lens doesn't cover the sensor completely. Cropping to 1:1 or even 5:4, depending on the background, will take out the dark corners.

Kind regards.

1:1

7:6

5:4

4:3
Thanks for the information Bart and kudos for the effort you put into setting up the shots. I ask because my other hobby is machining and I want to start making some macro shots of tooling and work in progress and need to decide on what macro lens into what system would make it easy for a lazy type like me - again thanks for the information I like your shots of flora - not something that I usually react to - but your 'take' makes my eyes smile.
Pete

Knorp

swallow, whither is thy flight? ... XL

| gfx-100s | gf50 |

Proverb: 'Swallow, whither is thy flight?'
Line from an old, yet familiar, rather sentimental song. It is especially this rule, which is often heard in Amsterdam in particular, but is mainly kept alive for and by half-intoxicated Amsterdammers ... :giggle:

pegelli

Bart, these last two posts remind me of my father. Before Stork this factory was called Werkspoor, which was his first employer where he worked from 1952 until 1963.
After that he became a professor at the University of Twente where one of his specialties was corrosion and corrosion control....

And he is the one who seriously infected me with the photography bug.