The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Mount Fuji Active … 📸

biglouis

This week I caved and decided to buy me a guitar after having been without one for nearly 3 years. I honestly thought I had given up for ever (I got my first guitar when I was eleven) but I couldn't resist walking past a local guitar store. I was going to buy a cheap 'n cheerful far eastern instrument but I discovered this one which has a particular feature useful for people hard of hearing like me. A sound port in the upper bout. On top of that, it is a Gibson, even if a budget one. This is actually the 17th Gibson guitar I've owned since 1974 and makes it a round 50 guitars I have owned in the last 56 years.

Gibson Generation G-Bird.

X-T4, XF 28/f2, iso160, f6.4, 0.8secs
_DSF5922.jpg
X-T4, XF56f1.2, iso 160 f3.2, 1/4sec
_DSF5925.jpg
X-T4, XF56f1.2 iso160 f16 3secs
_DSF5933.jpg

Last edited:

ptomsu

Workshop Member
This week I caved and decided to buy me a guitar after having been without one for nearly 3 years. I honestly thought I had given up for ever (I got my first guitar when I was eleven) but I couldn't resist walking past a local guitar store. I was going to buy a cheap 'n cheerful far eastern instrument but I discovered this one which has a particular feature useful for people hard of hearing like me. A sound port in the upper bout. On top of that, it is a Gibson, even if a budget one. This is actually the 17th Gibson guitar I've owned since 1974 and makes it a round 50 guitars I have owned in the last 56 years.

Gibson Generation G-Bird.

X-T4, XF 28/f2, iso160, f6.4, 0.8secs
View attachment 200375
X-T4, XF56f1.2, iso 160 f3.2, 1/4sec
View attachment 200376
X-T4, XF56f1.2 iso160 f16 3secs
View attachment 200377
Louis,

congratulations! A wonderful instrument. I myself started playing guitar again more seriously when I retired some 7 years ago and never did regret doing so. Although I have a very nice and patient guitar teacher to somehow achieve what I want.

Keep playing and have lot of fun - that is what it is all about!

Peter

biglouis

Louis,

congratulations! A wonderful instrument. I myself started playing guitar again more seriously when I retired some 7 years ago and never did regret doing so. Although I have a very nice and patient guitar teacher to somehow achieve what I want.

Keep playing and have lot of fun - that is what it is all about!

Peter
Thanks, Peter. 'Old'-boys and their toys, eh?

LouisB