The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Mount Fuji Active … 📸

AlanS

Hi Bart, there are a lot of Erratics in those last pics, I didn't realise there was so much glacial activity in the Netherlands! :ROFLMAO:

gurtch

Bart: I like the film emulation you applied to this image, very appropriate. I also have a GFX 100S, and for some images I really like the Velvia film look, but I do not know how to apply it. To get the film look I have been using a third-party program called "Exposure" which is quite an old program I bought years ago. I convert my RAW images and process the images with DXO Photolab. I use my old CS6 version of Photoshop (last non-subscription version). I have the camera set for Velvia, and the image looks very saturated in the finder, but of course the RAW image does not have the film emulation. Thanks for any advice you can give. Best regards.
Dave

anyone

in Capture One you can select the film emulations, and also most likely in Fuji‘s own raw software which I never tried.

gurtch

in Capture One you can select the film emulations, and also most likely in Fuji‘s own raw software which I never tried.
Thanks. I have the free version of Capture 1 that came with the camera. I tried using it. It confused me with catalogues, etc, and I gave up on it. I never tried Fuji's conversion software either. I am sure I have it somewhere but right now I do not have it in an obvious place. I have used DXO since it first came out. They were the first people to have lens corrections, which I found to be excellent. Regards
Dave

Knorp

Bart: I like the film emulation you applied to this image, very appropriate. I also have a GFX 100S, and for some images I really like the Velvia film look, but I do not know how to apply it. To get the film look I have been using a third-party program called "Exposure" which is quite an old program I bought years ago. I convert my RAW images and process the images with DXO Photolab. I use my old CS6 version of Photoshop (last non-subscription version). I have the camera set for Velvia, and the image looks very saturated in the finder, but of course the RAW image does not have the film emulation. Thanks for any advice you can give. Best regards.
Dave
Hi there Dave,

as has already been mentioned at least Capture One or Fujifilm's software can apply the film simulations to your RAW images.
Or you've got to live with the JPEG's ...

Kind regards.