The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

My cheap lens collection with white GF1

C

ceo

Im new here, this is my first post, just show my collection here.;)

Rawfa

Very nice collection. Being so small they looks really good with the GF1. What type of lenses/mount are those?

gfspencer

Very cool collection! :thumbup: I really like the white body on the GF-1. I didn't think I would . . . but I do now.

C

ceo

Very nice collection. Being so small they looks really good with the GF1. What type of lenses/mount are those?
Thank you:) They r all C mount movie lenses, I think the tiny lenses looks cool:)

Rawfa

Thank you:) They r all C mount movie lenses, I think the tiny lenses looks cool:)
Very cool! :D
Did you have to do any type of modification to get them working properly? I've read that C mounts are really hard to get working properly without some mechanical changes.

C

ceo

Very cool! :D
Did you have to do any type of modification to get them working properly? I've read that C mounts are really hard to get working properly without some mechanical changes.
not need to modi, plug and play;)
read more posts from here other forum, and found what kind of c mount lens works on G1/GH1/GF1;)

T

tmrgrs

not need to modi, plug and play;)
read more posts from here other forum, and found what kind of c mount lens works on G1/GH1/GF1;)
Could you post a list of these C mount lenses that you have and also tell us about the ones that don't work on mFT Panys and Olys?

thanks

wjlapier

I tried lots of C-mount lenses. The three I had that needed modification were:

Tevidon 25/1.4
Cosmicar 12.5/1.4
Kern Switar 25/1.4

The Tevidon and Cosmicar needed machining to fit the adapter. The Switar fit the adapter but extended too far into the G1 body and rubbed on the baffle. I sanded down the Switar and finally got infinity focus and still a little rub on the baffle.

V

Vivek

The night pictures in here almost look like the are tilt shifted!
No tilt or shift. They are classic examples of illumination vs coverage. The lens appears to illuminate the entire sensor while the coverage is at best ~12mm circle.

JerryMK

No tilt or shift. They are classic examples of illumination vs coverage. The lens appears to illuminate the entire sensor while the coverage is at best ~12mm circle.
Hmmm the lens is a 25mm Kern Switar, I thought that one coverd ~18mm ?