The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

New Arca-swiss ballheads: P0+, P1+, & P0+hybrid

I found the information below on one of the French Arca-Swiss distributor's website (note this is not Arca-Swiss themselves): https://www.arca-swiss-magasin.com/contents/fr/d34_arca-swiss-monoball-p.html

P+ series now all have 90º notches and friction control. In previous designs, the P0 lacked independent friction control and the P1 lacked a 90º notch. The new weights aren't changed much from the old design: the P0+ is ~15-30g higher than the P0 (I can't find a consistent published weight). The weight of the P1+ is ~-5 - 35 g different.

I hope we'll see some reviews that compare these to the previous design iterations, and the Novoflex Classic Ball (link), which I think is their closest competitor. I love my P0, but I have never had a ballhead with friction control, so I literally don't know what I am missing...

1600502835794.png
1600502714755.png
P + series brochure (english) [sparse info]
P + comparison (french)

Attachments