The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

New Film Company in Atlanta!!! With new film!

dave.gt

Just came across this new Film Company here in Atlanta!!! :):):)

I have been wanting to try Kodak color cinema film for a long time, so I just ordered two rolls of 250D film from them.

I can’t wait to see how this film performs!!!

Dave

dave.gt

Oh, yeah, I am getting a bit excited now, my film should be here on Thursday.

It seems strange after all these years of shooting film since the 70s, that I am immersed in shooting a lot of film (along with digital) and I have all the excitement of a child awaiting Christmas gifts. LOL:):):)

I am finally settled with my three favorite black and white films and matching developers. Color is a different thing altogether and it will require me to shift gears in so many ways. Much to learn!:)

Stay tuned!

MartinN

I have observed that the most sold color film in 35mm is of the brand ’Not available’. Sold in really huge amounts everywhere.

dave.gt

I have observed that the most sold color film in 35mm is of the brand ’Not available’. Sold in really huge amounts everywhere.
Yes, the supply chain has been in turmoil for a long time now… however, anticipated availability dates look promising.

glenerrolrd

Workshop Member
Dave

Have you used either of the Atlanta Labs (Dunwoody or Kodak ) for developing and scanning services . I assume you are developing your own black and white film but them how are you scanning the negatives .

Roger

dave.gt

Hi, Roger,

it has been a long time since I last used Dunwoody for processing. They are a very long way from here, but I used to be on that side of town frequently when I was employed and it was ok back then. Since then I have mailed everything to Dwayne’s for the little bit of color work I do.

I enjoy developing my own black and white film, but I don’t have the time or space to get into color film developing. However, I do scan both color and black and white 135 film at home for personal use and I am happy with that. I am not set up for 120 film and anyway, I recently sold my H5 kit but I kept one film back just in case…:)

I plan to be shooting both Velvia 50 and the Kodak 250D in the coming weeks and I will send the exposed films to Dunwoody for developing and scanning to save time.

Dwayne’s has always done great work for me but I just want to give a local shop a try.:)

Dave