The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

New Hasselblad H lenses being sold for

bab

Has anyone noticed lately that some brand new H lenses in box never opened (not the orange dot ver) are selling on EBay for 1/5 the original price. It seems some dealers must know what’s about to happen with Hasselblad.

Thyl

Has anyone noticed lately that some brand new H lenses in box never opened (not the orange dot ver) are selling on EBay for 1/5 the original price. It seems some dealers must know what’s about to happen with Hasselblad.
Haven't noticed that in the EU. Are you in the USA? Anyway, the non-orange dot versions are now what? Five years old at least, and obsolete. I wonder why there are any left in stock at dealers. Five years old inventory doesn't sound healthy to me.

bab

HMM!
Haven't noticed that in the EU. Are you in the USA? Anyway, the non-orange dot versions are now what? Five years old at least, and obsolete. I wonder why there are any left in stock at dealers. Five years old inventory doesn't sound healthy to me.

Thyl

HMM!

ok. But still, this is the old (not very sharp) version of the 120 mm macro, and according to the German offering, it is a demo unit. So, not really new, and at least about 12 years old, since the version II was announced in 2010.

robmac

Older V1 copies of the 120mm, which that lens is, routinely go for less than that. Maybe app. US$1000. The fact it's new, old stock, makes no difference. According to the serial number and it's 'VS' code, it was manufactured in 2010, so one of the last Mod 1 lenses.

It's an older film-era lens that is surpassed by the sharper Mod II with less CA, and then the Mod II Orange 'Dot' with the same optics, but 1/2000 shutter.

Last edited: