The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

New Product: Arca Swiss Core Leveler 75

Why don’t you go first this time around?
It is not a race.

Exalted status in Dante's Inferno is about enjoying, sharing, encouraging (aka "enabling") the best in medium format digital photography.

Everyone here has been cursed, er, blessed with the ability to enjoy the finer things in life.

But yes, I expect a 9th Level Purgatory resident to post initial impressions on the Arca Swiss L70 soon.

:cool:

mikeleland

Well, I'm pretty intrigued. I'll happily be the first to jump in on this baby. I love my little L60, but I little more mass would be nice. And so would another 5 degrees of movement. But overall, I really like the design of the L60/L75 over the Cube. Maybe part of that is because I've managed to injure myself with the Cube on more than one occasion?

What would really trip my trigger would be a geared pan...that would just be perfect!

kdphotography

I've got the L75 Leveler on order. Did I beat you to it, Graham? :ROTFL:

I hope to leave my impressions on the L75 soon.

So, what do we call this new AS L75 "cube" offering? The L60 has been renamed the "Mini-Cube" already.

ken

drunkenspyder

L60 = Baby Cube?
L75 = Teen Cube?
Original Cube = Daddy Cube?

And the D4 is Momma Cube? (because she is a good multi-tasker).

Steve Hendrix/CI
I have two Daddy Cubes and two Baby Cubes. The Cube is a beast, and I love it. Such a sweet piece of machinery. But it’s big and heavy. The Baby Cubes have had no real problem with anything I own, including the XF and BR240. But I wouldn’t mind just a bit more heft and movement. So the L75 looks about just right.

jng

My suggested Cube variant monikers;

Cube = Cube
L75 = Midi-Cube
L60 = Mini-Cube

- John

P.S. Glad that Dante already claimed his first L75/Midi-Cube victim. Even happier that it wasn't me!
P.P.S. Ken let us know which of the RRS dovetails works best for the Graham Welland method of head-to-tripod mounting.

kdphotography

I'm assuming the first month or so of 2020. No date was given to me by CI other than shipping in 2020.

It's not like Arca Swiss has to do a bunch of feature releases or revised firmware corrections.

Oops. Did I say that? :rolleyes:

ken;)

k-hawinkler

I'm assuming the first month or so of 2020. No date was given to me by CI other than shipping in 2020.

It's not like Arca Swiss has to do a bunch of feature releases or revised firmware corrections.

ken;)

Many thanks Ken. If and when we have a delivery date and we get closer to that I might actually order the L75. :grin:
The L75 is certainly an interesting tool. :thumbup:

ken;)
I heard January/February 2020 according to Arca Swiss. Considering that it took about about 2 months to get the Quick Link (which I highly recommend to make it easier to attach and remove the Cube/Leveler/whatever to/from the tripod), I wouldn't be surprised if that date slipped.

Jacob

P.S. Link to Quick Link for those interested (towards bottom of the page): http://rodklukas.com/tag/quicklink/.

Godfrey

Looks lovely!

But being as I remain a happy resident of the First level of Purgatory, I'll stick with my Monoball P0 Hybrid which serves my needs very nicely. :D

G

JoelM

I see an L60 in my future. I'll keep my eyes peeled for used ones in the classified section here. Or, just contact me directly :) Shameless, but Dante made me do it.

Joel