The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Nikon Z 24-200

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
I actually ended up selling off my 24-70's after getting this lens. It punches in way above its weight class optically. And it focuses close. An excellent all-around carry/hiking/travel lens.

ptomsu

Workshop Member
I actually ended up selling off my 24-70's after getting this lens. It punches in way above its weight class optically. And it focuses close. An excellent all-around carry/hiking/travel lens.
While I understand your motivation to sell the 24-70s this is something that will never happen to me.

I love my 2.8/24-70 and I did some intense gigs with it this year and it replaces a number of fast high quality primes and even tops them WRT IQ, ease of handling etc. Absolutely the best standard zoom I ever owned from any brand and I owned quite a few.

Best reagrds

Peter

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
While I understand your motivation to sell the 24-70s this is something that will never happen to me.

I love my 2.8/24-70 and I did some intense gigs with it this year and it replaces a number of fast high quality primes and even tops them WRT IQ, ease of handling etc. Absolutely the best standard zoom I ever owned from any brand and I owned quite a few.

Best reagrds

Peter
Understood. But for me, when I used the 24-70/2.8 it was almost always between 45 and 70 and usually at f2.8 to 4. Then ever since 24-70 became popular --heck ever since it was a 35-70-- I always seemed to want a bit more than 70. Actually, I often wished somebody would make a killer Fx f2.8 40-100, but whatever. Anyway, I started using my 58 with moving my feet a little more "old style" and preferred the end results with the added flexibility of a usable f1.4. Respect others opinions and needs will vary here.