The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

SOLD Novoflex ClassicBall 5 II Ball Head US$365

robmac

ClassicBall 5 II
The Mercedes of ball heads.

I've owned just about all the usual suspects in BHs and this sucker is a sweet unit. SOLID, well built, no slop, smooth and smart controls. Preset for tension via a ring control, has a panning base and can be flipped upside down and used as a leveling head with the level-equipped panning base at the top.

No issues whatsoever, just some minor marks from use. Retail price is US$670, no clamp.

Comes with 3/8-16 -> 1/4-20 insert, 3/8-16" hex stud and hex key. No box.

Price is US$365 payable in Canadian equivalent (at 0.80 to the US$1) and includes shipping by Canada Post normal post in N.A. Offshore pays actual based on online estimate. Payment by EMT in Canada or via PP (add 3%).

Attachments

Last edited:

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
For those who've never used one - the Novoflex screw clamp is amazing. It has a double helix screw, so the clamp opens and closes twice as fast as other screw clamps. If I want to attach a camera directly to the tripod, I use this clamp and an arca plate. GLWS!
Matt

robmac

Thanks Matt. Agree. Love the Q=Mount clamp. Which is why, in hindsight, I've pulled it from sale. ;>

Highly recommended though - as is there snap-lock (Q-Base II*) QR clamp.

*Some Novoflex naming conventions are 'interesting"