The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Open letter to Hasselblad

SrMphoto

Is this a Hasselblad-specific point, or a general one. Because as a general point it's incorrect. If I tell my Fuji cameras to shoot in a different aspect ratio, Lightroom pre-crops the RAF to that aspect ratio on import.
I do not understand the question (general point?).
Hasselblad cameras store the crop mode information in the raw file, but LrC does not recognize it.
See here:

rdeloe

I do not understand the question (general point?).
Hasselblad cameras store the crop mode information in the raw file, but LrC does not recognize it.
See here:
Sorry for the confusion. What I meant was, is the problem you describe specific to Hasselblad cameras or did you believe Lightroom can't do that at all. The former made sense, but the latter did not because Lightroom can use crop mode information RAW files created by my Fuji cameras.

From your response, it seems like you meant that Lightroom isn't playing nice with Hasselblad cameras (which is a shame).

Godfrey

I'll have to examine the 3FR files to see where Hasselblad puts the dimensioning information. I hadn't looked at the same files in Phocus as in LR Classic, at the raw format starting point, and for some odd reason all of the files I brought into Phocus were shot with the full format setting. ... :)

G

SrMphoto

I'll have to examine the 3FR files to see where Hasselblad puts the dimensioning information. I hadn't looked at the same files in Phocus as in LR Classic, at the raw format starting point, and for some odd reason all of the files I brought into Phocus were shot with the full format setting. ... :)

G
The link I posted discusses the location and meaning of the crop mode information in the raw files.