The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Panasonic FZ1000 Images

Norm N

I recently had an opportunity to use my FZ1000 for some sky images in the Badlands of South Dakota:

Most certainly the only existing image of a fly over of the super secret US Stealth Cloud,

Turning to the East the moon was rising over the desert,

While in the West the Sun was setting,

Norm N

And two more:

While in the East the moon had fully risen,

And one final shot on leaving the Badlands National Park,

It's a very versatile camera, and I really needed the long lens capability to get these.

Norm N

Thanks for the compliment , mazor. I would add that in the last photo I lifted the shadows to show that the small sensor is capable of rendering detail in low light. When printed the land mass will be dark to emphasize the abstract nature of the photo. Also, the tail lights are red on the original in Lightroom, evidently it's an artifact of changing the colorspace for the web image.

i bought the FZ1000 primarily for video, and occasional long lens use, since my Fuji gear doesn't do video well. The camera has surprised me with it's performance.

dhsimmonds

I have just purchased an FZ1000 but note that there is not too much traffic on this or any other of the forum sections. I want to fit a UV filter but I don't see amy filter thread, any ideas?

dhsimmonds

OK for those who have the FZ1k it is 62mm. The latest firmware is V2.2. I couldn't see the filter thread as it was obscured by the bayonet fit lens hood....duh!

I'm also a recent "convert" to the FZ1000. Been eyeing it for a while and finally came across a good deal so I went for it.
Very happy with the camera, it's by far the most versatile I've ever owned, and the controls are excellent.
The image quality is good, I still hang on to my Sigma Foveon cameras when I want to drool over 100% crop quality, but the FZ1000 has more or less replaced my Sony A6000 as the "for any situation" camera.

Here's a couple of my favourite shots from the FZ1000

dhsimmonds

Thanks Chris for sharing these images. They are very good and theFZ1K doesn't cause fatigue after 6 hours of carrying it around either!

I stll have my Olympus OMD E-M1 outfit but it has seen no use since my last walking holiday in Guernsey, when even this fairly light system caused me to have severe back ache! The FZ1K has stopped all of that and I still have all my lenses with me at all times. A hidden jewel of a camera that gets little "exposure" amongst so called serious photographers. Incidentally, my avatar was taken with the great, great grandson of the FZ1K, a FZ120, a mere 2/ 3 sensor and only 4 mpx. That photograph has been published up to 10x8 size in a Leica coffee table book and at 16x12 size in UK national and international exhibitions. the image was helped along with very good interpolation software but all from a jpeg image as the FZ120 only produced jpeg's.:D

davemillier

Hi Allen

It's a very good and useful camera. For a lot of people, this all in one is more than enough. I include serious photographers in that, as well. I don't use mine enough, given how liberating it is for your photo outfit to literally be one camera. My partner took ours on a safari. She hit one stupid snag - the lens obstruction sensor kept shutting down the camera as they were being bounced around a packed Land Rover. Frustrating and makes me wonder why they don't make mechanical zooms on these things. I used to have a Minolta A200 and that had a mechanical zoom. Much better. That aside, I think I could live with this camera as my only camera if I were forced to make the choice.

Here's a small gallery of mine from a walk:

I really should use it more.

AlanS

Hi Dave,
Nice set of images!
It's a bit of an experiment for me as I want to see if I can use longer focal lengths than normal (for me). This is a very cost effective way to see without the up front cost of a decent lens for my A7r4! I must say that the output is quite good and the modern software we now have plays a large part of that.
It is nice to have an all in one solution some days and I will see how I go with it.
More pics to come!