The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Panasonic S Pro 50mm f1.4 lens noise?

aksclix

Hello - not sure if this has already been discussed here.. if so, please point me to the older thread.. if not, could someone who has this lens confirm if there’s noise coming from it when the camera is turned on? I hear it whether it’s mounted on my S1R or Leica SL2.. is this the AF motor making noise? Is this normal or is my copy of the lens bad?

bensonga

I just now mounted it on my S1R. My lens also makes a very faint noise when the camera is turned on, even before activating AF. So I think this is a normal sound for this lens, not a problem with your lens. I noticed the noise changed very slightly when I activated AF, not louder, just a slightly higher pitch. I assume it would be the same on my S1 or SL.

The noise is so faint, I hadn’t even recognized it until you asked. That said, at my age (67) my hearing is probably not as good as some others.

Gary

aksclix

I just now mounted it on my S1R. My lens also makes a very faint noise when the camera is turned on, even before activating AF. So I think this is a normal sound for this lens, not a problem with your lens. I noticed the noise changed very slightly when I activated AF, not louder, just a slightly higher pitch. I assume it would be the same on my S1 or SL.

The noise is so faint, I hadn’t even recognized it until you asked. That said, at my age (67) my hearing is probably not as good as some others.

Gary
Thanks for confirming that.. mine was noticeably loud to post here about it.. I have no frame of reference.. so, it might as well be as loud as your lens.. :) the lens functions properly.. so no issues with that..