The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Phase One Feature Update 8

Ray Harrison

I have not updated to this new firmware mostly because I am tired of beta testing for Phase One. But, I am interested to know what the new wifi capabilities entail. Can we use Capture Pilot with just an IQ4 and a phone or tablet again? If so, is it working well?
Alas, no direct-to-back Capture Pilot. Apparently there's a new iOS app coming...sometime...that will be able to take advantage of the ad hoc wifi. Essentially what the new update gives you is the ability to connect your laptop directly to the back over the back's WiFi access point and control it through C1. You can take something like a Surface or similar into the field and control it that way if you were so inclined. The only way to use Capture Pilot is to also start up CP server on the laptop and connect up that way. Pretty tedious and not too generally useful though:).

Mexecutioner

I have not updated to this new firmware mostly because I am tired of beta testing for Phase One. But, I am interested to know what the new wifi capabilities entail. Can we use Capture Pilot with just an IQ4 and a phone or tablet again? If so, is it working well?
No you can’t yet, but let’s see what this unicorn of an app that’s in the works brings to us.

Reactions: med

BFD

Alas, no direct-to-back Capture Pilot. Apparently there's a new iOS app coming...sometime...that will be able to take advantage of the ad hoc wifi. Essentially what the new update gives you is the ability to connect your laptop directly to the back over the back's WiFi access point and control it through C1. You can take something like a Surface or similar into the field and control it that way if you were so inclined. The only way to use Capture Pilot is to also start up CP server on the laptop and connect up that way. Pretty tedious and not too generally useful though:).
Yikes. They seemed pretty excited about it so I figured we had that functionality back. Looking forward to 2022.