The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Phase One Feature Update 8

buildbot

Can an IQ3 be used to apply these updates to an XF?
Does anyone know of the new app will support old backs?

Nice! Looking forward to it. Now I wonder/hope they’ve added longer exposure/flash sync support to DE+. Second to a corona vaccine, of course, that would make for a very merry Christmas indeed.

med

Can an IQ3 be used to apply these updates to an XF?
Does anyone know of the new app will support old backs?
From my dealers press release: “This update is available for all XF Camera bodies regardless of what IQ digital back is present.”

Presumably this will present as an available XF firmware upgrade through all IQ backs.
I’m glad to see some signs of life from Phase; this is a long overdue, but welcome update! I wonder how the iOS app will perform.

baudolino

For the XF upgrade, the P1 website talks about a "combination of multiple component improvements". So, does this mean the we would have to ship the camera to Denmark for the installation of new components (same way that HAP2 was done) or would this be a firmware update. Or both?

Steve Hendrix

For the XF upgrade, the P1 website talks about a "combination of multiple component improvements". So, does this mean the we would have to ship the camera to Denmark for the installation of new components (same way that HAP2 was done) or would this be a firmware update. Or both?
This is all firmware, or funware, as I call it. So nothing needs to be shipped anywhere.

Steve Hendrix/CI

buildbot

Will the mobile app be a full version of capture one? Or is that still a secret ;)

Given the new M1 chip and the IQ4 capture one will have to run/runs on arm anyway...

plastic

I'm very curious as to the speed increase in using the XF, particularly with the leaf shutter lenses. I found the use of the leaf shutter with the XF unacceptably slow (a shutter lag of 1/3 second according to Imaging Resource!), and decided to stick with my Hasselblad H5x/IQ250 for the time being.
If this has been remedied with the new firmware, I would consider switching again.
Fingers crossed!