The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Phase One Feature Update 8

Greg Haag

I experienced no issues when installing firmware v8 on my XF w IQ4 150, prism & lens attached. Shot a series to test adhoc WiFi which performed well.

spassig

I found following for my XF with IQ3.
The new firmware should shortens the shutter release delay.
Is this right?
I use my system only for landscape.
So it isn‘t relevant for me.
I’m shure?

Jochen
(Translate in deepl.com)

thovenmedia

Has anyone else notices both the Digital back and the XF drain batteries much faster than feature update 7? In fact, it seems like my MacBook Pro 16 can't keep the Digital back charged while I am tethered.

dchew

Has anyone else notices both the Digital back and the XF drain batteries much faster than feature update 7? In fact, it seems like my MacBook Pro 16 can't keep the Digital back charged while I am tethered.
That’s interesting. Although totally anecdotal, I feel the same thing. I’ve been surprised at how quickly the batteries are draining. I haven’t used the back much in the last month, so I have no solid baseline other than my general perception.
Dave

Greg Haag

I had not made the connection, but I ordered 2 external power packs yesterday because of how quickly it seemed the batteries in my back were draining.

Ray Harrison

Anecdotally, I agree that the back drains more quickly. I'd assumed that it was some tests I was running, including with newer WiFi feature, but even when not using, it has "seemed faster" to drain by a noticeable amount. Enough so that even if out on a reasonably quick morning jaunt around the neighborhood, I'll have more batteries with me than I would normally carry, for example.

baudolino

Is this faster battery drain experienced on IQ150 or across the board? I didn't notice anything during my two all-day shoots since last week's update (XF with IQ3100).

anwarp

On the bright side, the back gets so warm it will prevent the lithium ion battery from getting too cold while shooting outdoors in the winter (at least for those of us in the northern hemisphere). Thereby prolonging its run time. And it prevents the lens fogging up for anybody doing some astrophotography.

As a recent "upgrader" from the 3 100 to the 4 150, the battery life is my biggest gripe. I haven't used much in earnest.