The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Phase One glass and Fuji GFX

AndyPtak

I have a Mamiya DF and recently got a Blue Ring which will mount, but that's it. I can not change f stop and do not have AF - that part is okay because MF is fine for me. That's why I'm considering Fuji because I don't want an XF.

buildbot

That’s supposed to be supported according to phase one.

If you had the option I would say return it as defective and get the non-br version, there’s very little reason to use the blue ring vs. silver ring lenses , if there is a silver ring with the same focal length at least. One a DF, a blue ring is just and expensive silver ring. You need an XF for the AFr feature.

Steve Hendrix

That’s supposed to be supported according to phase one.

If you had the option I would say return it as defective and get the non-br version, there’s very little reason to use the blue ring vs. silver ring lenses , if there is a silver ring with the same focal length at least. One a DF, a blue ring is just and expensive silver ring. You need an XF for the AFr feature.

And the zoom lenses don't support AFr anyway.

All the below Blue Ring lenses are unique, new and improved optical designs. Any other Blue Ring lens is optically identical to the previous silver ring.

35mm/3.5 BR
45mm/3.5 BR
80mm/2.8 MK II BR
120mm/4 Macro BR (maybe)
150mm/2.8 BR

Steve Hendrix/CI

buildbot

And the zoom lenses don't support AFr anyway.

All the below Blue Ring lenses are unique, new and improved optical designs. Any other Blue Ring lens is optically identical to the previous silver ring.

35mm/3.5 BR
45mm/3.5 BR
80mm/2.8 MK II BR
120mm/4 Macro BR (maybe)
150mm/2.8 BR

Steve Hendrix/CI
I thought the 120mm/4 and 150mm/2.8 are optically identical to the earlier Mamiya lenses minus coatings /precision / leaf shutter?

I did not know the zoom lenses are missing AFr!

Steve Hendrix

I thought the 120mm/4 and 150mm/2.8 are optically identical to the earlier Mamiya lenses minus coatings /precision / leaf shutter?

I did not know the zoom lenses are missing AFr!
I'm pretty sure the 150mm/2.8 Blue Ring is a new optic. Seems like a new optic anyway, with a 95mm filter thread vs 72mm thread (though same number of elements). I also had my doubts bout the 120mm Blue Ring, having an 86mm thread vs 72mm thread for the non Blue Ring (same number of elements). Shooting the 120mm AF and 120mm AF BR has produced very similar results, however, in some of the testing we've done (hence, my "maybe" quote).

Steve Hendrix/CI

Focusrite

Just saw this today. It seems that Kipon now have a pre-order running on two types of Phase One - Mamiya 645 / GFX adapters. Both have electrical contacts for aperture control, but neither appear to have autofocus. One has the 0.8x focal reducer built in. Early birds get a discount. I don't know if this will support the Blue Rings, but it's nice to finally have something like this available to market, and a lot quicker than I had expected.

Kipon could do with a spell-checker though, some interesting word choices in the blurb on their website.